If you have been charged with a crime, you want an experienced attorney to protect your constitutional rights. In addition to fines, penalties or even incarceration, a conviction can limit your employment opportunities and have an impact on your access to higher education.
At the law office of Matthew J. Davenport, we have a comprehensive understanding of criminal law and procedure. Before setting up his own practice, Matt Davenport served as a Pitt County prosecutor, where he trained many of the prosecutors who still serve today. With office just blocks from the campus of East Carolina University (ECU), we focus much of our practice on the rights of ECU students and other members of the university community.
To schedule a free initial consultation, contact our office by e-mail or call us toll free at 866-346-2985.
Our Criminal Defense Practice
We understand the implications a criminal charge or conviction can have on every aspect of your life, whether you are planning on a professional career, attending graduate school or looking to work in a field that requires a security clearance. We look at strategies that will minimize the consequences of any criminal charge, seeking dismissal or deferred adjudication when appropriate, and victory at trial if necessary.
We handle a broad range of criminal matters, including:
- Underage drinking. We represent people under 21 who have been charged with DWI. North Carolina enforces a zero tolerance policy for drinking and driving under the age of 21.
- First offense DWI. We understand the fear and anxiety you can feel if you have never been charged with DWI before. We will help you through the process, making certain your constitutional rights are protected.
- Administrative proceedings regarding license suspension. We will act as your advocate in administrative hearings to determine whether your driving privileges will be suspended or revoked after a DWI charge.
- Vehicular assault. We protect the rights of people charged with vehicular assault, including circumstances when alcohol is involved.
- Alcohol offenses, including the refusal to submit to a breathalyzer test. Attorney Davenport handles all types of alcohol-related charges, from public intoxication to underage purchase or the use of false ID. We also handle any offenses related to underage drinking, including underage DWI and resisting arrest.
Contact Attorney Matthew J. Davenport
We provide a free initial consultation to anyone charged with a felony or misdemeanor. Contact us online or call our office toll free at 866-346-2985 for an appointment.